Classic Middle Eastern/Mediterranean dish
Servings 2 cups
- 1 cup dry chickpeas or substitute with one can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt add more to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pressure cook the chickpeas in 3 cups of water for one hour on high. Remove and drain. (If you use canned chickpeas then you do not need to cook them.)
- Combine cooked chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and salt in food processor and blend until smooth. You may add water to make it creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Top with the paprika.