Jackfruit "Chicken" Noodle Soup
- 1 can Young Jackfruit in Brine must be in brine!
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cubes "Chicken" bouillon or use powder. 2 tsp.
- 1 cup Dry noodles or you can use Shiritaki noodles
- For the “Chicken,” soak jackfruit in 2 cups boiling water with one bouillon cube for an hour.
- Pan fry jackfruit in oil until brown then shred with fork.
- Add 1 cup broth to shredded jackfruit and simmer until broth is reduced.
- Chop onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and sautee in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add to pot with 4 cups of water, one bouillon cube, and remaining broth from making the “chicken.”
- Add the noodles and cook until tender then add the jackfruit.