Kasha Salad (Tabouli variant)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted buckwheat (kasha)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Rinse buckwheat. Add to small pot with 1/2 the salt, all of the oil, all of the water. Cover and cook on medium low heat until the water has bubbled off. Turn off and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Chop the parsley, onion, and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables with the remaining salt and the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Once the buckwheat has cooled to room temperature you can add it to the bowl. Mix well and chill in the fridge until ready to eat.