Refried Pinto Beans
- 1 cup Dried Pinto Beans
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt add more to taste
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- Add the pintos and 3 cups of water to pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, mince the shallot and garlic then add both and the oil to a pan.
- Sautee the garlic and shallot.
- Drain beans and add to pan. Mix well and add the salt and cumin.
- Mash the beans and add water. Cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes stirring often. Add more water if needed.
- Taste as you cook to see if you want more salt or not.