- 2 cups Dried Black Beans or use two cans of rinsed black beans
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning or use 1 tsp Cayenne, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Paprika
- 5 Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup TVP
- 1 tsp bouillon powder we used "pork" flavoring. Make your own with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomato
- Pressure cook the dried beans in 5 cups of water on high for 30 minutes. 10 minute natural release.
- Add bouillon to TVP and add one cup of hot water. Mix and let sit until TVP is rehydrated.
- Chop the onion and sautee in a large soup pot until translucent then add the garlic.
- Chop the bell pepper and add to the sautee.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Turn heat to medium low.
- Once the beans have cooked, drain and rinse then add to the pot.
- Add all other spices.
- Chop the mushroom and add to the pot. Stir well and cover.
- Cook until the mushrooms have cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with a waffled potato seasoned with cumin and top with chopped cilantro.
If the chili is too thick you can add more water. Add more salt to your liking. Add more cayenne if you want it spicy!