Vietnamese Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head cabbage can be mix of red and green, sliced finely
- 1/2 large carrot or shredded
- 1/2 med red onion sliced finely
- 1 bunch green onions whites & greens, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger minced with garlic
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced with ginger
- lime juice 1/2 lime fresh, or 2T bottled
- 1-2 Tbs sweetener pineapple juice / date syrup / brown sugar
- 1 Tbs fish sauce can be omitted for vegans
- 1 tsp sriracha optional, but worth it
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- water as needed to thin
- salt to taste
- prepare all the vegetables with a mandoline or slice finely; mix dressing, then combine.
Also nice additions are peanuts, thai basil, cilantro or minced peppers. Tastier over time. Delicious with Teriyaki Tofu in a taco or on a salad.