- Waffled Potato
- 1 large potato pre-cooked
- 1 T garlic
- 1 t paprika
- 2 pinch salt
- ½ t olive oil
- Mash potato just enough that it is broken up but not mush.
- Add all other ingredients and combine until mixed. You’ll be able to tell once the paprika has colored all of the potato.
- Divide in half and form into balls.
- Place the potato balls in a preheated waffle maker and cook for 10 minutes or until desired “doneness.”
- Serve with sliced avocado and hot sauce.
Waffled Potato variants:
Mexican style – Same as above but add 1 teaspoon of cumin. Top with Pico de Gallo and serve with a side of Cuban-style black beans.
Mediterranean style – Same as above except without the paprika. Substitule ½ cup chopped spinach. Serve with sliced tomato, hummus, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Indian style – Same as above except without paprika. Substitute ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon coriander, ½ teaspoon turmeric. Serve with red onion chutney.